Workshop on Mathematical Modelling in Engineering and Science, May 16 2001
An informal half-day workshop on Mathematical Modelling was held at Heriot-Watt
University on Wednesday 16 May 2001, organised by Chris Eilbeck (email@example.com).
- 2:00-2:20 Marc Desmulliez, Department of Computing and Electrical Engineering, HWU, (email)
- High level simulation of an
Electrostatic Motor (Abstract).
- 2:20-2:40 Sam Subbey, Department of Petroleum Engineering, HWU,
- Application of Regularization methods to selected
inverse and ill-posed problems in engineering (Abstract (ps version))
- 2:40-3:00 Ben Layet, Terahertz Photonics Ltd, (email)
- Optical modelling in Terahertz Photonics Ltd (Abstract).
- 3:00-3:20 Iain Wallace, Elec. Eng., Glasgow
- Parallel modelling of optoelectronic and electronic devices (Abstract).
- 3:20-3:30 Questions and discussion
- 3:30-4:00 Tea
- 4:00-4:20 Christina Cobbold
, Department of Mathematics HWU
- A mathematical model of cholesterol build
up within the blood vessel wall (Abstract)
- 4:20-4:40 Chessman Wekwete, Department of Actuarial Mathematics and Statistics
- Modelling the U.K. population incidence of cancer, heart-attack or stroke (Abstract)
- 4:40-5:00 Raffaella Ocone, Department of Mechanical and Chemical Engineering, HWU
- Modelling the fluid dynamics of
gas-solid systems (Abstract)
- 5:00-5:10 Questions and discussion
Chris Eilbeck / Heriot-Watt University / firstname.lastname@example.org / tel. +44 (0)131 451 3220